Monday, July 1, 2013

The Battlefield

Put on your white robe and shield yourself with virtue

Hello all! Its been awhile since Ive been able to sit down and write. I have finally emerged from my hypothyroid pit. Thyroid levels have been adjusted and Im feeling so much better. I am so thankful to be living in a time period where we have the help of medicines that can make such a huge difference in our day to day lives.

I wanted to write about a change that is happening inside me. If you happened to read my last blog about an experience of grace I had during a particularly rough depression bout, then you will know my recent changes that I have gone through spiritually.  Now that Im not experiencing thyroid depression I feel alot better but recently I still found myself feeling like I was in a  depressed mindset that I couldnt quite shake. I remember a friend of mine telling me about a book she read called the Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyers. I got to thinking about how I have taken care of my thyroid issues for now but there was something deeper going on and I wanted some freedom. I started reading her book and I watched a youtube video of Joyce Meyers called Mind and really enjoyed it. Then I got online and started looking up memory versus that I could start working on to really bring the Word of God deep within myself where I could draw upon them whenever I desired. I came across some really great ones on www.catholicnotebook.blogspot.com and some others from different places, that I wanted to share with you!

Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
              ( This is a big one for meIm always so focused on figuring out what I can partake in and what I can do and have that I get really caught up on earthy things that I forget or dont even focus on the amazing things of God like the goodness of HOPE and the comfort in constant PEACE no matter the situation is.)

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
                             (Yes, its true He can strenghtn me in every situation. I usually only want to think about this scripture if it solely pertains to something spiritual but God is a God of everyday life to and its important to remember that He can strenghten me in my housework, in my thoughts etc.) 

Psalm 138:1 “I will praise thee with my whole heart”
                      (Wow! My whole heart that includes the broken parts too...not just the perfect stuff but all my time spent with a broken heart from broken friendships to silly highschool breakups that hurt more than people said they would, to lost dreams and painful sins that felt like losing a part of yourself) 
 
Romans 8:1  Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
                      ( I dont have to be afraid of hell and that includes hell on earth of all the wars and government wrongs. I dont have to be afraid of people pointing out past sins. Even if people say that Im damaged I am not. I am not condemned...I am raised up through Christ)
Genesis 16:13 You are the God who sees
                         (He really sees me and you. He REALLY sees whats going on inside and why weve done the things weve done. We dont have to be alone in those struggles)

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly
                           ( This is what Im doing right now!!)
Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the  authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.  (This is a BIG one to remember)
2nd Corinthians 10:4,5   For the weapons of our warfare are not merely human, but they have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle raised up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ. ( This is a great response to the previous scripture about who or what we are fighting against.)
John 8:31,32 Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” 
(This is a great one especially sine Sunday was all about discipleship!) 


I hope that these versus will  be a real blessing to you as they are becoming for me. Please insert your own thoughts and views after each verse, these are just mine :)

What Im learning from the Battlefield of the Mind is that we are not alone. God is so amazing and powerful and we can "tap" into His great Love and intimate nurturing heart anytime we want! But the greatest thing Im reading is about commitment and seeing things through. Self control is something that we can have and a committed heart is something that we can hold fast too. That may not sound very exciting but to me obedience, commitment and self control is not something that is taught hardly at all anymore just look around you or on tv or in the schools and its obvious that people are longing for some fortitude in all the virtues I listed above. I want to learn these things and be strong in them through Christ who I know will strengthen me!        

Dear Heavenly Father,

Help me to be strengthened through You and Your merciful and loving heart. Bless me with virtues and save me from my vices. I pray for commitment, obedience, fortitude and self control. Our Lady of knots pray for me in this venture. Through Christ I pray

Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment